ziv LIST OF PLATES
27. a. Salt-encrusted bed of ancient Lop sea, NW. of Kum-kuduk (see p. 30).
27. b. Clay terraces marking shore line of ancient Lop sea, NW. of Kum-kuduk (see p. 30).
27. c. Salt-coated erosion terraces ('White Dragon Mounds') near NW. shore of ancient Lop sea (see p. 30).
d. Altmish-bulak at south foot of Kuruk-tagh (see p. 30).
a. View across Etsin-gol bed to NNE. from below Bayin-bogdo hill (see p. 32).
28. b. Hill range of Pei-shan, looking south from Camp 214, Tung-êrh-shan (see p. 34).
28. c Bayin-bogdo hills, seen from above Etsin-gol near Camp 143 (see p. 32).
28. d. Camp 161 at Zigda-kaya, in desert hills south of Mao-mei (see p. 32).
29. a. View up Pa-no-p`a valley, Bogdo-ula range, from above Lo-t`o-p`u-tzu (see p. 34).
29. b. Eroded hill range above Toyuk, Turfan, looking north-west (see p. 35).
29. "c. Hills at foot of Karlik-tagh, above ruined site of Ara-tam, Hâmi (see p. 19).
29. d. Ruined site of Chong-hassar, Turfan, looking south-west across dried-up lake basin (see pp. 19, 36).
30. a. Head of Bostan-arche valley, Ulùgh-art range, looking west (see p. 40).
30. b. Valley below Pa-no-p`a pass, Bogdo-ula range, looking south (see p. 34).